Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #1

K7 continuous shooting. How?

I can't follow the manual, it says press the upwards button on the four way controller 'in capture mode'. I can't find capture mode in the menu. Do these writers test their instructions out on intelligent humans?

06-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jonrashton Quote
I can't follow the manual, it says press the upwards button on the four way controller 'in capture mode'. I can't find capture mode in the menu. Do these writers test their instructions out on intelligent humans?
Capture mode is when you are prepared to take a photo. Other modes include playback mode (reviewing images) and on other cameras, movie mode.
06-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Capture mode is basically when the camera is on and ready to take pictures and you're not viewing images on the screen. Pressing the top of the four way button will give you the options to choose continuous shooting along with a few other things (my K7 has no battery in it so I'm working from memory)
06-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

IMHO the manual is right. When your camera is in the mode ready to shoot (i.e. not in the image playback mode) you simply push the upwards button and can select "Continuous Shooting (Hi) or Continuous Shooting (Lo).

If it doesn't work, try to push the middle (OK) button first.

06-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Capture mode is when you are prepared to take a photo. Other modes include playback mode (reviewing images) and on other cameras, movie mode.
Thanks, but what do I actually do?

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 02:53 PM ----------

ok, got it, thanks a lot.

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 02:54 PM ----------

THEY should say what capture mode means
06-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The up button on the 4 way pad gives you access to the drive mode menu UNLESS you are in SEL AF mode (press and hold the OK button to exit) or in the main menu / playback mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
THEY should say what capture mode means
It's in the section "before using your camera", on page 18.
06-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone. 40 years a Pentax owner, not good with technical, wish I'd found this forum years ago !

06-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The up button on the 4 way pad gives you access to the drive mode menu UNLESS you are in SEL AF mode (press and hold the OK button to exit) or in the main menu / playback mode.
...or unless the camera is in Standby mode (asleep).

Steve
06-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #10
Site Supporter

It is correct.

The 4-way controller has "OK" on the middle button. Press the button above that.

You will have 6 options. Press the button to the right of "OK" once and it will take you to the icon with 3 squares and "HI".

You are now in continuous shooting mode. : )

BTW: The K7 doesn't set the world on fire for continuous shooting.