Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2015, 04:14 AM   #1

K-r problem with flash not working

I very rarely use flash, but last week, when the built-in flash popped up, the screen registered this only for a fraction of a second then showed normal exposure. Flash would fire but TTL metering ineffective.
When using my Metz external flash, the TTL metering was also ineffective.

Today, the flash will not fire at all. Is there an easy fix, or will it need an expensive visit to a professional repair shop?

06-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which lens are you using? Which exposure mode (Av, M, ...)?

Not sure if I can help further, but this information might be relevant.
06-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #3

Original Poster
I've used the kit lens and also a Tamron tele zoom. Fixed flash does nothing. However, external Metz flash is now working fine when attached to camera body. Will try it off camera later.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, fire, flash, pentax help, photography, troubleshooting, ttl