Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I am glad you got it off. The Ricoh pin drops into the screw drive hole on the Pentax camera mount. I have seen where some have been able to get the lens to turn by switching from MF to AF and back while trying to remove the lens. It would be better to just remove the pin from the lens
On a Pentax camera Film or Digital the pin serves no purpose. Only on older Ricoh Film cameras does it have any relevance.

06-29-2015, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Only on older Ricoh Film cameras does it have any relevance.
Only on Ricoh and Sears camera bodies having programmed exposure automation to be more precise. Those date from the mid-1980s and newer. Removing the pin is not a big deal unless you have one of those cameras.

Steve
06-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Only on Ricoh and Sears camera bodies having programmed exposure automation to be more precise. Those date from the mid-1980s and newer. Removing the pin is not a big deal unless you have one of those cameras.

Steve
Thanks Steve - I forgot the Sears one's.
06-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #19
Forum Member

Mount is held on by 4-5 screws. Pin is spring loaded, just remove lens mount and pull the pin out. Switching from manual to autofocus physically moves the focus drive screw in and out of mount. If the Ricoh pin is under little tension, and is caught in AF drive, you might be able to cycle the AF switch while gently turning the lens as directed in earlier post.