Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No WB; Flash, Drive Mode, etc. available

While using my K3 today I couldn't get to the WB; Flash, and Drive Mode menus. The menu screen would just stay blank when I pressed any of the Four-way controller buttons. The buttons and the screen worked for other purposes. Eventually I turned off the camera, and turned it back on. The menus worked okay then. Has anyone had this happen to them?

06-29-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You're most likely in AF point SEL mode. Press and hold the AF point selection button (the one below and to the right of the 4-way pad) and then the 4-way controller should allow access to the normal sub-menus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-30-2015, 12:05 AM   #3

Original Poster
Oh, yeah I was fooling with that for the first time. Thanks!
06-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another instant solution in pentaxforums.com! Nice work, Adam.

07-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're most likely in AF point SEL mode.
This has caught me twice.

Steve
07-10-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

And I've been caught out in playback mode as well, when the four -way controller takes you to mostly uncharted terrain (raw development options etc). I have to admit that one of the very few interface frustrations I ever experience with the K7 is flicking back in and out of playback mode, trying to get back to the status screen. Always seem to end up cycling through the blank screen and horizon indicator display when I don't want them!

There ... That's the only bad thing I'll ever say about the K7 😁