Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2015, 04:55 PM   #1

Pentax k-x problem

Camera was working fine till the other day when I changed lenses. Now when a lens is attached the shutter button won't work. Will take pics without lens but not with one. Tried cleaning contacts and MF but nothing. Any suggestions of anything else to try. Also tried new batteries.

Thanks

06-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take the batteries out and leave them out for a day. I had a similar problem with my K-x a week ago and I removed the batteries, left them out of a day, reinstalled freshly charged batteries and every thing was fine after that.
06-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
Forum Member

make sure the lens is an A or if not, make sure your setting are correct for an M lens. I thnk there is a setting that has something to do with the aperature ring..see here: Using Older Lenses with the PENTAX K-x | Ricoh Imaging Support
07-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #4
brz

Original Poster
Thanks. Tried the battery thing. Still won't work. Looks like I may be looking for a new camera. Probably not worth the $ to fix.

Both lenses I am using have worked fine for the last few years.

07-07-2015, 02:05 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by brz Quote
Thanks. Tried the battery thing. Still won't work. Looks like I may be looking for a new camera. Probably not worth the $ to fix.

Both lenses I am using have worked fine for the last few years.
If you do decide to upgrade your body, consider the K-50- it's selling for as little $294 and is a pretty big improvement over the K-x:

Pentax K-50 Digital SLR Camera Body Black - B&H Photo Video

Pentax K-50 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #6
brz

Original Poster
Will my current pentax lenses work with the K-50? factory 18-55mm and 50-200mm.

Thanks
07-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Yes they will. That's one of the great things about Pentax DSLR's; even the 30+ year old lenses work.
07-31-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Aperture ring setting

Try going to setting #22 make sure it is set 2 permitted.