Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #1

Spotmatic II SW Switch Question

Hi Everyone
Newbie here and recently acquired a Spotmatic II in great shape. Had a quick question about the SW switch for the lightmeter.

Is the SW switch supposed to "click" in place in an up/on or down/off position? Currently I am holding the SW switch while I change aperture/shutter speed and the meter is working but the switch doesn't "click" in to place. The only reason I ask is because reading the manual it states to make sure the SW switch doesn't stay on because of battery drainage. Currently, I can't keep it on without holding it in place in the "on" position.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I cannot find a solid answer.

Thanks!

07-06-2015, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pvett Quote
Is the SW switch supposed to "click" in place in an up/on or down/off position?
It is supposed to stay in the "on" position until either the shutter is released or you manually move it to the "off" position. Is there any chance you got your Spotmatic from Roberts Camera in Indianapolis? The reason I ask is that I returned a very clean black Spotmatic II (ser# 5037839) to them just last week with the same issue.

BTW...Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Steve
07-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is supposed to stay in the "on" position until either the shutter is released or you manually move it to the "off" position. Is there any chance you got your Spotmatic from Roberts Camera in Indianapolis? The reason I ask is that I returned a very clean black Spotmatic II (ser# 5037839) to them just last week with the same issue.

BTW...Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Steve
Thanks for the reply Steve. I have a chrome Spotmatic. It is in unbelievable shape. I bought it from the original owner, original manuals and purchase receipt, and the 28 and 135 were still wrapped in plastic in their original case. The only thing I can find wrong with it is this switch. Do you know if this is something that I could have a pro fix? Absolutely love this camera.
07-06-2015, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eric Hendrickson at Pentax Camera Service (Home) can surely repair your camera and bring the settings timings back to new condition. He's the preferred Pentax film camera technician of the film heads here. Many of us have sent him a dozen or more cameras.

Highly recommended.

07-06-2015, 10:05 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Eric Hendrickson at Pentax Camera Service (Home) can surely repair your camera and bring the settings timings back to new condition. He's the preferred Pentax film camera technician of the film heads here. Many of us have sent him a dozen or more cameras.

Highly recommended.
Perfect. Thanks a ton Monochrome. Will send it his way.
07-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pvett Quote
Perfect. Thanks a ton Monochrome. Will send it his way.
Hah - well, OK - glad to help. Didn't really do anything. There's an entire testimonial thread with hundreds of posts somewhere. Eric is even a member here.

Welcome and visit often - the Film SLR section is a lot of fun!