Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
eyefi mobi pro.. nothing but problems!

I just purchased the eyefi mobi pro and am having lots of issues. I registered the card and try to connect to the network on my iPad and it worked for a few photos and now when I want to reconnect it keeps asking for a password. I read that the password is likely the activation code. Tried that and it still asks for it.
So I get on the desktop and download the software and when ever I try to put in the activation key the registration app crashes so I can't use this either. Try to connect via android and the same thing, WiFi connection asks for a password which shouldn't be required.
I think I am loosing my marbles. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!
Btw it's windows 7 pro 64 bit on the desktop and OS8 on the ipad

Randy

07-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

What advice do the folk at EyeFi have?

Steve
07-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
Forum Member

Does it use WEP or WPA? Try using the other wireless encryption method or none at all. I ran into a newer tablet that couldnt connect with WEP, but used WPA-PSK just fine.
07-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Don't use their software to register with their web service if you do't have to. The registration code tis the WPA2 password.
Thats all you need.... The software will work and auto-download files to your computer or to your phone just by connecting that to the card's network.

The Mobi connects more reliably than the older EyeFi X2 Pro cards, but "more reliably" does not mean very well. :-(
It is still a total crap shoot if it will work....

07-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pishta Quote
Does it use WEP or WPA? Try using the other wireless encryption method or none at all. I ran into a newer tablet that couldnt connect with WEP, but used WPA-PSK just fine.
I got it working (so far) but the windows 7 version keeps crashing when I try to register the activation code... therefore I can't use any of the pro settings

Did you get the desktop version to work?

Thanks

Randy
07-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #6
Forum Member

sorry Slip, that was just a generalization of the 2 encryption methods relating to wireless networks, not an Eye-fi card. I would turn off encryption altogether, as the range is only about 20 feet anyway. You should be able to do that once you get 'in' via a web browser (using default WPA2 and registration code password)
07-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pishta Quote
sorry Slip, that was just a generalization of the 2 encryption methods relating to wireless networks, not an Eye-fi card. I would turn off encryption altogether, as the range is only about 20 feet anyway. You should be able to do that once you get 'in' via a web browser (using default WPA2 and registration code password)
I have tried using the registration as a passcode but it doesn't work. Do you know the IP address in order to try to change the security? For example the router is 194.168.0.1

Thanks for the help so far!

Randy
07-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It might be dynamically created, but mine shows up as 10.105.106.2.
But your PC/Phone should auto detect the SSID "Eye-Fi Card ######" and auto connect, and ask for a password. Which will be your registration number.
There is no way to change the IP address or password for the Eye-Fi products.

Flu Card on the other hand has a web interface and you can modify the password. (Nice to have... but its image download capabilities suck)

If the card is not broadcasting its SSID, be sure to set up the camera so that the Wireless memory Cards seeing (page 3 with the wrench), is set to "Eye-Fi Auto".
Take a few pictures and wait. Your device should detect the SSID in about 15 seconds plus or minus.

From that point, if your device has a remembered network, the EyeFi might go to sleep and your device will auto-reconnect to another device.
You will need to re-awaken the Eye Fi card and reconnect.

This works much better in the field away from remembered networks, as your device is more likely to auto-reconnect to the EyeFi card.

---------- Post added 07-14-15 at 08:19 PM ----------

Oh yeah... WEP is useless. Anyone still using WEP should be put in chains and dragged behind a bus.
WPA2 is what EyeFi cards use.

In general disabling security is a bad idea and therefore there is no way to disable it on these cards.
Even though the card itself is not very powerful, you device connecting to it is much more powerful and without security can be subject to third party man-in-the-middle attacks far beyond the camera's location!

Last edited by amoringello; 07-14-2015 at 05:27 PM.