Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It doesn't sound likely that the photos didn't get saved. They should hopefully still be recoverable off the SD card.

As for the freeze- sometimes a battery pull does become necessary after prolonged use, especially if your battery voltage was low.
I've had that happen. The files were deleted but still retrievable. Pain to have to run a recovery, but nothing was lost but my time.

Batteries in my most recent case were freshly charged. Maybe 30-50 shots before boarding the copter and a couple hundred exposures before it seized up.

07-13-2015, 02:56 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks again, Adam and narual then I'll get some new cards and see if I can recover the photos after all... would be nice if that would do the trick. Anyway, I'll try my best to keep you all updated on this one.
07-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #18

Original Poster
Just a short update: narual it does not seem as if I would have been as lucky as you were. I am still running the image Rescue, but as of now, where there should have been some photos that are missing on the "visible" part of my card from Thursday, there are unfortunately none. (I am able to recover photos from three formattings ago though). And the file numbers in that folder are continuous as well, so I think my "missing photos" never made it onto the card.
But at least I have new memory cards now (and with them a free image rescue program ) - so we'll see if the error occurs again or if only the cat. 4 cards are to blame. Went for cat. 10 UHS I U3 cards this time.
07-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to run a deep scan. I use Data Rescue 3 on Mac. Windows has lots of other options. You should be finding a ton of photos on there, even stuff you took before your last format unless you're a paranoid person who's doing format + overwrite with zeroes for every format, which seems well beyond silly if you're not shooting anything illegal. (and you'd know if you were doing that - it would be called "secure format" or "military format" or something like that, and it would take a long, long time to run)

07-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #20

Original Poster
Thanks narual hopefully the Demo version shows some of the files that I am missing - if it does I will go and get the full version We'll see if it finds more than the Lexar image Rescue - would be cool.
And no, I didn't use any secure formatting - just the usual one - don't intend on shooting illegal stuff anyway.

---------- Post added 07-13-15 at 02:48 PM ----------

And after trying the deep scan of the Demo Version of Data Rescue 4.1 on a Mac the files still don't turn up. So I guess that means they are lost / never managed to get from the buffer "into" the memory card. Well it was worth a try after all...

Thanks for all your help, which is really appreciated!
10-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #21

Original Poster
And another short update on this camera...
During another short holiday it got stuck in Mirror flapping again - at least for a short period of time. And since it is still in its warranty period I figured to take it to my retailer and have them repair it.
Well it was supposed to take a week...It has been gone two and a half weeks now and I have just yesterday gotten informed that it is on its way to another service "station" - this time in France.

So now I have some reason to feel slightly amputated I guess.