Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #1

K-500 trouble P function reset

Hi all,
I had a photographing course last month for my K-500 camera. My instructor gave me the advise to shoot in M modus. That's cool, but she gave my camera some changes and my automatic P button is not working automatically now. When I take a picture, the picture is dark. What I want for fast photo's is a automatic photo with automatic flash and automatic shuttertime etc. Who can give me some advise for this?
Thanks in advance!

Monique

07-18-2015, 02:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome to the forums!
When you switch to P mode, does the LCD screen say P or something else? There is a little square on the LCD that also says which mode is selected.
Next, do you have EV +/- adjustment? Just push the EV +/- and set it to 0 (after you press EV +/-, you can press green button to jump straight to 0 or use the e-dial to scroll to 0).
Btw, does Auto (green) mode still work normally?
07-19-2015, 01:47 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your answer! I'm a total knitwit with this camera sorry. I'm a teacher and was to busy with my students en my own kids. My son is batboy tomorrow on an international baseballtournament in The Netherlands and I want to make nice pictures of him, but my camera is a total mess now. I looked to the Ev settings en put these settings in 1/3 because there is no 0. Auto mode works not normally because I need a flash for everything, that's not normal right? I put 2 pictures: P and auto. Could you please evaluate them? (photo Auto and P)
And my camera is flashing now in LCD with yellow en red colours (see picture strange lightning)
Thank you so much for helping me!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo 
07-19-2015, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On your camera, you have an OK button and 4-way controller. Press the button that looks like a stopwatch (circle with little dot and line), and choose "Single frame shooting" (just square, left-most option). You can select Burst mode Hi if you want to take successive sport photos, but try single frame for now.
But the settings that you have, ISO 3200, f4, 1/30, should result in bright photos. Its a setting that one would use at fairly low light. So if these settings need you to use a flash out in daylight, that is very odd. Hm, is the lens mounted correctly? Take it off, and put it back on, gently, but firmly so it locks into place (has to do a "click"). And make sure you don't have a dark filter on the lens (ND filter).

One other thing you can do is go to Menu and the very last, rightmost option, should be Reset custom settings. Note that there are two "reset" options, one is in the middle of the Menu, but that one resets different things.

Last edited by Na Horuk; 07-19-2015 at 06:44 AM.
07-19-2015, 03:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you! I think I found the problem! On my camera, on the left site is a switch and this button was on AF.S modus. Since a put this on C or MF my camera works! (no flash needed outside). I should figure out wat Af.S, C and MF is, but for now it's okay!
07-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Niek1974 Quote
Thank you! I think I found the problem! On my camera, on the left site is a switch and this button was on AF.S modus. Since a put this on C or MF my camera works! (no flash needed outside). I should figure out wat Af.S, C and MF is, but for now it's okay!

AFS, AFC and MF are your different types of focusing.

AFS means autofocus single. When you lock your focus onto your subject, your focus will not move unless you take the picture or release and repress the shutter button which will activate the autofocus again. If your subject is moving, the camera will not focus on your subject as it moves.

AFC means autofocus continuous. When you press the shutter button, your autofocus will lock on to your subject but will keep focusing with your subject if it is moving. This good for sports and action photography.

MF is manual focus. You have full control over focusing and the camera does not focus on it's own.