Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by evilcartman Quote
I guess I am here to complain. And as a bonus, irritate sanctimonious a-holes.
No arguing from what I can tell. I am also here to warn folk how easy it is to drop 2 grand on defective cameras and find yourself in a tight spot. Maybe someone will read this that has something to do with quality control. That never happened to me under Hoya or Asahi. AND, as I am prone to do here from time to time, wonder out loud if it is time to switch back to the evil empire.

I have bought 2 defective cameras new in 4 weeks. I cannot find any custom QR plates for them. And I am still denied the Tokina 11-16. ouch.

I am sorry you only like happy posts with rainbows and unicorns, but this factual stuff. Which is what you can do with it. Maybe wipe that brown Ricoh toner off your nose.

You sure didn't look very hard for those custom QR plates. I own a new Pentax K3II and purchased a new L Bracket from RRS 3 months ago. It perfectly fits both the K3 and K3II models. Strange you didn't think to check the largest manufacturer of QR plates in the US???

07-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
You sure didn't look very hard for those custom QR plates. I own a new Pentax K3II and purchased a new L Bracket from RRS 3 months ago. It perfectly fits both the K3 and K3II models. Strange you didn't think to check the largest manufacturer of QR plates in the US???
Review the OP's posting history during the four years as a member here and you will find persistent complaints about L brackets not being widely available for bodies and/or grips. It appears that the OP surfaces every few years whenever there is a point of frustration.

Steve
07-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Review the OP's posting history during the four years as a member here and you will find persistent complaints about L brackets not being widely available for bodies and/or grips. It appears that the OP surfaces every few years whenever there is a point of frustration.

Steve
A prime candidate to be boriscletoed™
07-20-2015, 09:16 AM   #19
Site Supporter

It appears that the OP surfaces every few years whenever there is a point of frustration.
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
A prime candidate to be boriscletoed™
I should probably soften that comment a little. It is perfectly legitimate to be frustrated and to even give vent when things are not as we would like them to be. What is difficult is when there is no ready solution that would allow the users of this site to provide constructive comments.

Steve

07-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #20
Site Supporter

I just noticed that this guy posted the exact same rant over on another camera/photography forum/blog. Guess he wants the world to know he's not happy.
07-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #21
Pentaxian

It is perfectly legitimate to be frustrated and to even give vent when things are not as we would like them to be.
So that excuses insulting forum members and calling them names?