Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flu card has a fever!!

Hi when I put the Flu card in my computer,SD adapter used, after about 5 min it gets so hot I burn my fingers!! is this normal?

Thanks

07-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It can get rather warm but that certainly doesn't sound normal. You might want to disable the wi-fi when the card isn't in your camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This depends on the device... I have an USB stick that gets properly hot, and that deffo doesn't have WiFi
07-22-2015, 02:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If your card get so hot to burn your fingers, it's destroying itself. They shouldn't run more than warm.

07-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I turned wifi off,still gets very warm?? & windows error each time I put it in..rescan disk for problems.and it is very slow!! to transfer files..maybe normal? my Eyefi card never got warm
08-14-2015, 04:51 AM   #6

I think I am having similar problems to you; How did you turn the wifi off might I ask ? Mine also got very hot although i could not view the images.
08-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Sabbalonn Quote
I think I am having similar problems to you; How did you turn the wifi off might I ask ? Mine also got very hot although i could not view the images.
I believe you have to delete a file on the card. The manual describes the procedure.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2015, 07:13 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I believe you have to delete a file on the card. The manual describes the procedure.
You can turn the Flucard (WIFI) off in the wrench section of the menu #3. It then becomes just a normal sd card. I do not think it turns on again when you put it in the computer. Could be wrong about the last point.
08-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
You can turn the Flucard (WIFI) off in the wrench section of the menu #3. It then becomes just a normal sd card. I do not think it turns on again when you put it in the computer. Could be wrong about the last point.
Yup you're right!

Adam

08-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not mine,even when turned off it beeps & flashes wifi symbol when cam starts up?? it doesn't get as Hot in the card reader when turned off though,so slight improvement,but I wouldn't let it stay too long as the heat may melt it down
08-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #11

I too am having problems with the disabling wifi step. I won't repeat these here as i have explained them in my other thread.
08-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Mine got very hot as well. I just gave up on it and use other SD cards, since I got mine for free with my K-3II.
I know this is obvious, but hot electronics is not a good thing and I did not want to risk losing valuable (to me) photos.