Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200D newbie question for color tone.

Just brought K200D and tested today. It was a sunny day in the morning so the white balance set to DayLight. The picture was taken in the shadow, however, I found the skin tone is a little bit strange. Am I did something wrong?

Thanks.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Light in shade has another color temperature than out in the sun.

Try Auto white balance for a start, it usually does a good job in natural light.
Or look for a white balance setting for shade, there might be such a setting on your camera.
06-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Inactive Account

The daylight setting is for light shining directly on the subject. In this scene, there is strong green light both from light reflecting from the grass and also from light filtered throw the leaves, which are unaccounted for by the daylight setting. I would recommend shooting in auto white balance unless you see something weird in your photos.
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Like other said, keep it auto white balance. The K200D does a great job with Auto WB.

About the only time I ever use a manual WB is when I'm shooting in some strange conditions, like mixed temperature flourescent and incandecent, etc.

Even then, it's easy enough to fix it using PP, so I'm auto WB aout 99.9% of the time

06-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for all the replies. Now I found the problem.
I was playing with the RGB color settings and forgot to reset them to default before shooting. Now everything back to normall.