Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
Site Supporter

FastStone 5.3 help needed

I've only used the software once so I am a poor user at best. I applied text to a photo and saved it as a jpeg. After I was finished I found a typo. Now I can't get the software to let me edit the text to make the change. I really don't want to start over as it was difficult enough the first time. I downloaded the user manual and it gave vague instructions on pg. 46. The dialog box that the manual claims would appear to allow me to re-set, does not come up. I've tried the editing tools on the left side of the screen but they will not let me change the text....it's only one letter!

Any help would be appreciated.

07-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Use a cloning tool and blurb over the text, then retype it.
07-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Once you've saved it out, it's cooked into the image.
07-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
True what Steve said. You can't save it, then edit it again. You can make any changes you want to before saving it, but after....you either have to clone out the text as I said above or start over.

07-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
FastStone won't let you edit changes that you have already saved to a image file.

Sounds like you want to apply a watermark? Why not create a separate watermark image, then insert it into your image (via Edit > Draw Board > Watermark image), or use a batch operation to apply it to multiple images (Tools > Batch Convert Selected Images > Advanced Options > Watermark).
07-24-2015, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry you have to start over. I've been caught with the same problem. Since then, I'm always very careful to change the file name, and not overwrite the original.

The message "Your Filename Here" already exists. Do you want to replace it? is my reminder that I need to change the name to avoid overwriting my original.

With practice, I think you will be surprised what you can quickly do with Faststone. I use Lightroom & Photoshop, but half the time I like the ease of Faststone.

I'd recommend you watch for a sale on Lightroom. Historically, it sells once or twice a year in the $80-90 range, sometimes less for an older version. It's great a great program to organize your photos, and is designed with non-destructive editing in mind. It keeps me from overwriting my originals.

Best of all, there are probably thousands of tutorials on how to use Lightroom. That helps with the learning curve.

Last edited by rgknief60; 07-24-2015 at 07:01 PM.