Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Pentax F* 300mm f/4,5

Looking for some help with my F* 300mm f/4,5 lens.Yesterday I discovered that small plastic window where you can see distance marks fell off the lens .Is there any chance to buy parts like that for this old lens??If anybody know where I can get that part please HELP!

07-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately, I doubt it, since the lens is around 30 years old at this point. You might be able to find a lens for parts on eBay, though, or have a window 3D-printed by someone with an appropriate machine.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Huzar Quote
Looking for some help with my F* 300mm f/4,5 lens.Yesterday I discovered that small plastic window where you can see distance marks fell off the lens .Is there any chance to buy parts like that for this old lens??If anybody know where I can get that part please HELP!
I have one that the front element got damaged by the post office during shipping. I'm still waiting on a complete insurance claim with them (they paid part of it and it it's been going on since February) before I do anything with the damaged lens. I have someone interested in part of it. If that part doesn't include the window than i will have that available, if/when this insurance claim ever gets settled. I don't want to do anything with the lens until I settle with the post office.
07-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by transam879 Quote
I have one that the front element got damaged by the post office during shipping. I'm still waiting on a complete insurance claim with them (they paid part of it and it it's been going on since February) before I do anything with the damaged lens. I have someone interested in part of it. If that part doesn't include the window than i will have that available, if/when this insurance claim ever gets settled. I don't want to do anything with the lens until I settle with the post office.
That will be great if I can buy window or whole lens if possible.I am going to pm you with my info .If anybody else have that part or damaged 300mm for sale please let me know .I like to fix the lens asap.Thank you!