Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #1

K5 shutter remains closed during live view and video

Hello.

I bought my K5 about one year ago (roughly 15000 shots). Today, it appears that my shutter remains closed during live view and video operation. Also, it doesn't seem to be systematic either; but, once it starts, it continues. In order to observe this, I was able to see the problem in action by opening up the k5 and watch the shutter not moving up during LV and video modes. Taking the battery out didn't do much either. Also, I reinstalled the firmware to 1.16. I've reset to factory settings as well.

Does anyone have an idea about what to do next other than sending it in for repair (it's still under warranty)?

I'd really appreciate the input from the community.

08-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by John_in_France Quote
(it's still under warranty)?
What you describe is not something that can be addressed by settings or incantations. Warranty service is probably your best option.

Steve
08-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What you describe is not something that can be addressed by settings or incantations. Warranty service is probably your best option.

Steve
Thank you Steve. I'll be sending back this week.