Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Yongnuo 560 iv. Are they all the same?

I'm thinking of buying this flash. The seller describes it as Canon Nikon, so can I use it on my K-x? Or is there a pentax specific version?

My other options are the III and II. Are those any better?

Couldn't find the flashes forum for some reason, but it's been a while since I have logged in.

Regards

08-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought a IV from Amazon and it has worked great for me. It was listed with Pentax, Panasonic, Fuji, etc. The flash is generic and ought to work with every camera brand. Take note that this is full manual flash. It will be up to you to set the exposure and flash power. It's not terribly hard, especially with the histogram shown during a preview.

I think the IV and the III are the same except for the wireless features. Amazon had the IV listed with 8 rechargeable batteries and that is why I chose that kit.
08-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was wrong. I misremembered the flash I sent to Dad. Ignore earlier remarks. I have no idea.
08-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shadmanaj Quote
I'm thinking of buying this flash. The seller describes it as Canon Nikon, so can I use it on my K-x? Or is there a pentax specific version?

Couldn't find the flashes forum for some reason, but it's been a while since I have logged in.

Regards
Yongnuo makes dedicated (TTL) flashes for Canon and Nikon and generic (full manual) ones for Pentax (and probably other brands as well)

08-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

just a reminder that many pros use manual flash settings. (the exception might be wedding photogs)

M
08-02-2015, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #6
Brooke Meyer

QuoteOriginally posted by shadmanaj Quote

Regards
Models 560 I, II, III and IV are camera agnostic and will work in most hot shoes.

The 560 I and 560 II require an external receiver for wireless operation and have been discontinued. They are 100% manual, which is how I shoot. They can also be triggered optically, in Slave or a Slave Mode that ignores P-TTl pre-flash.

The 560 III and 560 IV have a built-in wireless receiver for use with YN 603II transceivers or my favorite, the YN 560 TX which allows me to remotely control power & zoom, up to 6 groups. I shoot headshots & portraits with 3 flashes labelled A, B and C and can change all 3 from camera position. No more climbing up on chairs in conference rooms to reach a flash and change a setting. I work these thing pretty hard and they work well.

The 560-IV flash can also act as the 560 TX remote control. I prefer the less expensive 560-TX

The 603 II and 560 TX are hot shoe specific, I found I needed the Nikon versions for my K5 and K5IIs bodies. Posted about it here

If you have Canon or Nikon bodies, YN makes clones of the mfr units for a LOT less.