Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2015, 03:19 AM   #1

Pentax KX possible shutter issue.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and thought i'd start out with a question. I have a Pentax KX that I bought new back in 2009-2010. I've got about 32,000 shutter clicks on it now and I've noticed that ( sometimes ) when I first start shooting, the first 5 or so shots are almost completely blacked out. There are times it doesn't do it at all and it's been as bad as 30 shots before the shots show up properly exposed. I use multiple lenses and that doesn't seem to change anything.....Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

08-17-2015, 03:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blackhawk1071 Quote
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
What does EXIFTOOL reveal about the settings of those dud shots?
08-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's another suggestion: write down all the custom settings you have set it to, do a full reset (consult the owner's manual) and retry it again. If it's still failing, consult any K-x threads here about firmware revisions updates and if you fill confident about doing one, try it first to update it to the next level after the one you have. If you still have issues try the next firmware revision update until it works confidently or you have exhausted all revision levels. Hoping the best for you.