Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K7 Continuous Shooting

My K7 does not give me the option to select continuous shooting in the auto mode. It is only available in other modes of operation. Is this the way the camera works or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

08-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Sadly, that's how it is. No idea why...
08-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm guessing you mean ' green square' mode? That mode is designed as an 'auto-everything' option, really for the most casual snapshots or for those not familiar with standard DSLR controls.

It has its place then, but it is to specifically NOT give any user choices.

P mode will offer up most camera control mode choices, and in an exposure sense most scenes will turn out much the same from P as they would from green square mode. Nice thing about P shooting is that you can change the emphasis of the automatically set aperture/shutter settings, by choosing the Program Line Options (accessed in the control panel) .... So you can have more speed as the priority, more DOF, or the MTF 'sweetspot' aperture for the specific DA lens in use. You get automatic shooting PLUS user control ... Best of both worlds!
08-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jayefen Quote
My K7 does not give me the option to select continuous shooting in the auto mode. It is only available in other modes of operation. Is this the way the camera works or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Just set the camera to P and all the greyed out options should become available. Green mode is designed to be newbie-proof.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As already said, use the P mode. I have also a K-7 and I continue to use it. In my opinion, the P mode is the most interesting one. It works as Auto, until you want/need to set the aperture or the shutter speed using one of the wheels. You can also go back to the P automatic mode by pressing the Green button.

Hope that the comment will help.
08-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
use AV mode. I think it's better than P mode, cause you have controll of depht of field and you can benefit from the sweet spot of your selected lens.
In AV mode all you can use all lenses whitout K and M lenses.
08-22-2015, 05:57 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for your answers, it would have been a nice feature.
Personally I like the TAv mode selecting speed and aperture and the camera adjusts the exposure is automatically when you press the green button. Using bracketing you can then get compensated shots with over/under exposure.
I'll try a few things with the P setting.