Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #16
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote

Cards are for temporary storage of images.
bingo.... I have read several instances of people keeping large amounts of images on the storage card in the camera and have always wondered, 'why?'.....

isn't it just easier to empty the card and head out every day with an empty card, ready for a full day's worth of shooting?

08-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I knew a senior citizen who just bought new cards because he thought they were single-use like film. He said to me once "These film cards are expensive, I thought digital was supposed to be cheaper!". I tried to set him straight but he never really got it.
I've never known anyone who knows how this stuff works who would just accumulate cards like that.

For a all day event like a bike race I put two 64GB cards in my K-3. I've filled one up a couple of times and it just rolls over to the other. Never filled both.
Then I import all the photos after each shoot and format the cards before the next shoot. As someone else said, these cards are for temporary storage only.