Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Takumar 135mm f2.5 lens is stuck on my K5-II

Temporarily my Takumar 135mm f2.5 was stuck on my K5-IIs. No mater how much twisting I did the lens would not come off the camera ! The problem with this scenario is that there is nothing you can do to remove the "original" Pentax M42 Adapter. So your only option is to take the lens apart or send the camera in for repairs. Lucky for me I began to play with the Auto/Manual switch and somehow I was able to remove the lens but that was a scary experience. Does anybody have any experiences like this one ? Right now I'm hesitant to attach the same lens to the camera !

08-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very odd. Is the lens SMC TAk or STak? The SMC Taks had a tiny additional pin in the mount that had something to do with enabling diaphragm action only when the lens was mounted. It should not happen with the genuine parts, but I wonder if that pin might have got caught in the adapter.

Is the adapter damaged in any way? Scratches etc?
08-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The lens is an 135mm SMC TAK. The Adapter is brand new so I don't think that is the problem. However I noticed that when I remove the lens from the camera the Auto/Manual switch is stuck on the 135mm but moves freely on other lenses ?
Closed Thread