Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
This is what should happen when the adapter comes in contact with that pin. The cutouts shouldn't be deep enough to let the pin drop into the gap. You should be able to screw the adapter on the lens with the pin sticking out (Auto/Man switch in Auto) and the pin is simply pushed into the lens.

That tiny pin is unfortunately buried deep in the lens. If you have another reason to take the lens apart, like an aperture ring that's hard to move, you could remove it then. It should stay retracted with the Auto/Man switch in Man, if it's working right. I always remove the locking spring on the M42 adapters, which makes them get stuck in the first place.

Thanks for the picture. Now that I look at it, it looks like the cut out on my adapter barely passes over the pin. Yours seems to pass over the entire pin, but mine only passes halfway. I just hate to spend another $45-65 on another adapter !

08-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Yours seems to pass over the entire pin, but mine only passes halfway. I just hate to spend another $45-65 on another adapter !
I have three, all of them only pass over about half of the pin. 2 made in Philippines, one from Japan.

They've been going for under $30 fairly often on eBay when I checked 3-4 months ago.
08-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have two (both Japan) and both pass over half the pin.

The suggestion to leave the M/A switch in the M position might be a good work around, though it may take some diligence to make sure it is back in that position before changing lenses.

Steve
08-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have two (both Japan) and both pass over half the pin.

The suggestion to leave the M/A switch in the M position might be a good work around, though it may take some diligence to make sure it is back in that position before changing lenses.

Steve

here it is in a nutshell: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/3954-why-...heres-pin.html