Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shuber Quote
Bah, you inconsiderate brute! See post #9. And I hope your children treat you the same way!
Hah! You'd swear I shot some bunnies recently. (Actually, we did shoot some bunnies recently)

09-02-2015, 07:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could the step-up ring have been in the way of removing the hood? Only a thought, but maybe previous owner put it there to prevent the hood from being removed? I don't own that particular lens, so cannot check.

These thoughts provided by uncaffeinated brain, so.............
09-02-2015, 07:43 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
Could the step-up ring have been in the way of removing the hood?
Yes - that's what caused the problem.
09-02-2015, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you all for the information & you are welcome for the entertainment. In the end I did try to piece the lens back together....I figured at that point what do I have to lose? Anyhow, at first I thought it was working okay. When shifting from 55 to 18mm there was a slight hitch, so I took it out and took a few pics and the lens was suddenly stuck at 18mm. There is also some interior rattling in the lens. From the sound of it I believe two of the three plastic prongs are busted and free inside of the lens. Oh, well. *hopefully I will not get any calls from L.P.S. (lens protective services)*