Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K 3 reset ?

Hi - Long story short - i picked up me "new" pentax while on vacation only to find that it wasn't new had 1909 shots on it. Anyways it looks like I am shooting through a sandbox even with iso at 100 - how do i reset the camera to factory default ?? please thank you

09-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #2

If all you're trying to do is reset the camera options just go to the menu/tools/3 and highlight the reset. Tools menu looks like a little wrench...

If everything looks like a sandbox that might not be your problem, though.
09-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tab 3 of the setup functions - scroll down to reset. This does NOT reset everything. I'm trying to find the list of what isn't reset.

Page 24 shows how to reset custom functions. I think some of these are what doesn't get reset by above.
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-3.pdf

Also set the memory function off for all options then power cycle. This will clear any of those settings. Then change this to remember whatever you like it to remember in the future.

Lastly look for the K3 recommended settings and do a walk through to find and set everything the way you like.

---------- Post added 09-02-15 at 02:44 PM ----------
QuoteOriginally posted by shuber Quote
If all you're trying to do is reset the camera options just go to the menu/tools/3 and highlight the reset. Tools menu looks like a little wrench...

If everything looks like a sandbox that might not be your problem, though.
It might be if the current JPG setting is Posterization or Sketch or something equally weird.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.
09-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few things: If it was sold to you as "new" and it was not - then return it.
Second, without seeing a photo posted, members can't help you diagnose the problem you're seeing.

09-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
A few things: If it was sold to you as "new" and it was not - then return it.
Yes...end of story...regardless of whether it was a good deal or not...

Steve
09-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you - very much. I think a huge chunk of it might have been the heavy smoke in the area ?? I have reset my ISO Settings back to Auto as well. Here is hoping I didn't get a damaged camera or a dud
09-03-2015, 01:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

you can do a test shot on a clean back ground in Manual mode (and not in TAv mode where the ISO jumps automatically), that way you are sure whether the problem is the camera or not