Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To Fix or Not to fix... That is the question

My K-5ii has a broken back LCD. It is broken under the glass with two lines about 2 or three pixels wide. How it broke, I do not know because the camera has NEVER been dropped or kept in a hot car or anything. I used the camera on Sunday, put it in the bag, Monday morning looked at it and there it was, broken LCD.

I looked into camera repair and it looks like this will cost me around $250 to fix. I see good deals on K-5ii, K-5iis, and the K-3 in the market place quite often and at reasonable prices.

Should I.....
A.) Eat the cost of the repair and fix it.
B.) Purchase a used body and use this one as a backup.

09-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
Emperor and Senpai

If it has no effect on usability then I wouldn't worry about it and continue to use it as is with an eye out for a K3 as a replacement if needed.
09-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
Lev

how much they want for k3 for example?
09-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I probably wouldn't bother. It may not be the LCD, but something on a board. As said, if you can use it, and keep an eye on your exposures etc. with the top and VF displays the camera is still usable. Is the display still usable for settings menus? That could be a problem. A used K5 Original Flavor sells for under $300 now anyway.