Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #1
New Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Tamron 70-300 not working after k50 firmware update

Hi guys..... I'm having a Pentax K-50 which worked with all my Pentax & third party lenses before.... Few days back I updated the camera firmware to latest version i.e. Version 1.02, now my Tamron 70-300 does not work with k-50...apparently the camera is not recognizing the lens.... It worked like a charm before... What should I do?

09-13-2015, 03:46 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
QuoteOriginally posted by Andre771 Quote
Hi guys..... I'm having a Pentax K-50 which worked with all my Pentax & third party lenses before.... Few days back I updated the camera firmware to latest version i.e. Version 1.02, now my Tamron 70-300 does not work with k-50...apparently the camera is not recognizing the lens.... It worked like a charm before... What should I do?
The update probably reset your settings. Is the aperture ring set to "A"?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-13-2015, 03:51 AM   #3
New Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The update probably reset your settings. Is the aperture ring set to "A"?
Yes the mode is " Av" (aperture priority with automatic exposure).... That's the mode I shoot most of the time....
09-13-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,958
QuoteOriginally posted by Andre771 Quote
Yes the mode is " Av" (aperture priority with automatic exposure).... That's the mode I shoot most of the time....
But you're not using the aperture ring, right? It has to be set to "A" for Av mode to work.

Since it sounds like that's the case try dismounting the lens and cleaning the contacts, and make sure that the AF/MF switch on the camera isn't in between the two settings.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
New Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
But you're not using the aperture ring, right? It has to be set to "A" for Av mode to work.

Since it sounds like that's the case try dismounting the lens and cleaning the contacts, and make sure that the AF/MF switch on the camera isn't in between the two settings.
If aperture ring means the dial that I use to increase / decrease the aperture value... It use to work fine earlier (don't know what is setting it to "A" means)... However the problem is now solved it seems.....all I did was unmount it for few hours,then shot with a Pentax lens, when I put back the Tamron again (camera is always on Av mode without changing any settings) the camera now recognizes it and also seems performing a bit faster under low light... Thanks a lot for your suggestions... Cheers☺
09-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,189
QuoteOriginally posted by Andre771 Quote
If aperture ring means the dial that I use to increase / decrease the aperture value...
Glad you got your lens working again. As for aperture ring, I believe Adam was referring to a manual aperture ring near the base of the lens. I don't believe your lens is equiped that way, so no worry.


Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, firmware, k50 firmware, pentax, pentax help, photography, tamron, troubleshooting, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
autofocus problem with DA*300 after firmware 1.06 update for K30 channeler Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 09-06-2015 09:39 AM
F 35-70 : AF not working after repair GabrielFFontes Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 07-15-2014 09:09 AM
PK Tether stopped working after K5 firmware update? Gareth Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 4 03-26-2014 01:49 PM
Disassembled Tamron 70-300 AF LD and now it's not working isumi Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 08-02-2012 08:58 AM
K-x LCD not working after firmware 1.02 upgrade navilink Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 08-10-2011 03:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top