Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Sigma 28mm Mini-Wide macro/mounting issue?

Long time Canon user turned Pentax crazy! I love all the old primes. Anyway, I got a Sigma Mini-Wide Macro off ebay from 'Canada. It will NOT mount and immediately I could see that the center (small dome) was pure fog like it was sprayed with hairspray. That is why I wanted to mount it; to see if it was me or not. What in the heck could I be doing wrong to mount it since it should be a NO BRAINER??? sAD AND PUZZLED IN oHIO!!!

09-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Reply and problem solve-mini-wide mount issues

I don't forem much, new so I will try to get this fix posted and reply'd to same question-problem...hence...Sigma 28mm Mini-Wide macro lens will NOT mount on my K-50 or other K newer camera's...answer & fix: I took a razor knife and prune down, the errant guard. This is easy to do - it's only plastic. So now it mounts perfectly. But as I posted earlier, the lens looks like it was sprayed with hairspray or krylon paint on the inside. Doesn't look like a fungus. Like a film and everything viewed is in a mist-fog. What is that??? I emailed the ebay seller, he gladly refunded me but now I got like two weeks behind. Had he just knew anything about lenses he would have seen thi. Yet his listing stated Mint, clear lens, excellent.
09-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe it is a different mount. Can you post some pictures?
09-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
any pics of the problems at all?

09-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Maybe it is a different mount. Can you post some pictures?
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
any pics of the problems at all?
OP solved his own problem and posted to another thread. It was the "large guard" issue.

Steve