Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K3 - shut off

I am wondering if a got a 'dud' ?
I have updated my camera and all that jazz. (still new - store sold it to me as New but it have 1909 on the count)
- anyways when i shut the camera off after I take a photo it takes a long time to turn off. The screen on the back takes forever to shut down, as well as after i take a photo it takes a long time to preview it. (i get the hour glass i would guess for 20-30 seconds) is this normal ? thank you

Last edited by tweet25; 09-29-2015 at 07:59 PM.
09-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

20+ seconds for the back screen to shutdown after turning the camera to the 'off' position from just taking a single photo is NOT normal even on the older K-5.

What is 'undating' ? I think you mean updating maybe?? Have you installed the latest firmware and is the battery fully charged?
09-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
I am wondering if a got a 'dud' ?
I have undated my camera and all that jazz. (still new - store sold it to me as New but it have 1909 on the count)
- anyways when i shut the camera off after I take a photo it takes a long time to turn off. The screen on the back takes forever to shut down, as well as after i take a photo it takes a long time to preview it. (i get the hour glass i would guess for 20-30 seconds) is this normal ? thank you
The only scenario that this would happen in is if the camera was still writing to the card, or performing slow shutter speed NR. Make sure you have a UHS-I card in the camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
20+ seconds for the back screen to shutdown after turning the camera to the 'off' position from just taking a single photo is NOT normal even on the older K-5.

What is 'undating' ? I think you mean updating maybe?? Have you installed the latest firmware and is the battery fully charged?
sorry typo was updated . with the latest firmware

---------- Post added 09-29-15 at 08:06 PM ----------

I have 2 brand new cards 1 is Lexar professional 633X - the other is a scandisk microSD adapter card - I will try reversing them so the UHS-1 is in the first slot ... I did that and it seems to help I took 3 shots very quickly and then I could preview them right away & my camera shut down when I turned it off. THANK YOU !