Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DA15 AF broken

Hi Guys,

I acquired a used DA15 from one of the forum members here, recently. I used it take test shots and it worked very well. Over the weekend, I took it to a trip and while initially it worked fine, after a day of shooting, it gave up. I observed that the lens is going past the infinity mark (which was not the case before to it, I am sure) and it neither auto focusing nor good at manual as well, both failing. Every image, at every aperture is blurred at infinity focus. Sometimes, images below infinity are coming in focus. Please check below images of the lens and suggest. Plz..plz..

DA15 at infinity

DA15 at minimum

10-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe it is something similar to this?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/183326-broken-21mm.html
10-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #3

From the two pictures it is clear that the gap between fixed and moving barrel is two wide, to the point that you see the scale numbers through. It should be less than 1 mm. Maybe it fell or something?

I bet something went loose inside. It happened to me on the same DA15, one screw fell off inside, and it did not rotate smoothly anymore via AF or also manually. I fixed it myself by disassembling, etc.
10-05-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Maybe it is something similar to this?

Broken 21mm
Thanks for the link sergysergy.

QuoteOriginally posted by fcrespo Quote
I fixed it myself by disassembling, etc.
No, I am not as brave as you to you do it myself. It seems sending it for a repair is the only option. Very bad, first of it's kind of experience.