Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

fotodiox sq-pk adapter and k-20d not getting along

just got a fotodiox sq-pk adapter to use my bronica lenses on my pentax bodies, but the second i lock the adapter into the body all functions blank out and the shutter does nothing. take the adapter off and the camera is perfectly happy to shoot without a lens. is there something i can do to fix this?

10-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #2

Do you have "Use Aperture Ring" enabled in the setup menu? Are you shooting in M mode?

Is the K-mount side of the adapter bare metal or is it black coated? You may need to remove the black coating over the contacts on the mount. Test this by putting some thin metal foil over the contacts between the camera and the adapter.
10-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
is the K-mount side of the adapter bare metal or is it black coated?
Should not be a problem on the K20D.

In the C (custom settings) menu #36 "Using aperture ring", change the value from "prohibited" to "permitted". That will enable shutter release. See page 252 in the user manual for the details on what features are available. There is also a "sticky" on this site detailing metering with adapted lenses:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/110658-u...x-dslrs-f.html

Steve
10-15-2015, 02:17 AM   #4

Original Poster
setting aperture control did the trick — thanks!