Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax SF-10 not advancing film

Hi, folks! Having a problem with my SF-10 that is starting to cost money. I have a 36 roll of Ektar in it and have been using it without problems until the frame read 33. It then stops working except to just flash 33 in the lcd screen. I purchased a new battery ($17.99 Cdn), placed the new battery into it, it a started to advance the frame and then stopped. Same thing is happening now, stuck on a flashing 33. ould it just be as simple as the camera cannot handle a 36 roll? If the camera is kaput, can I get the film out without power and without exposing it?

Thanks

10-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Is the "end of film" symbol on the screen?

Phil.
10-15-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Is the "end of film" symbol on the screen?

Phil.
there is a top view of the camera with symbols for each spool and a flashing dashed line from one spool to the other, and of course the number 33 flashing as well

---------- Post added 10-15-15 at 05:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
there is a top view of the camera with symbols for each spool and a flashing dashed line from one spool to the other, and of course the number 33 flashing as well
the camera will not turn on or allow any other adjustments. If I remove the battery and then reinsert it, the lcd shows the normal "program mode" etc, and if I try to focus it tries to wind the film(whirs) and then stops, resulting in the flashing 33 again.

Last edited by Franky2step; 10-15-2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more info