Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #1

Disk that was included with K50 will not install

I purchased a new camera (had a K-10D but gave that to my sister and purchased a K 50) I just got around to installing the disk that I received with the camera but I am having difficulty, it just will not install. The window comes up asking for permission to install, I click "yes" and then a Pentax window comes up, blank, and it just does not progress from there. Any help?

Thank you!
Cherri

10-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What Operating system are you using? Is this your computer or shared with others?
10-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, my computer and it's using Windows 7.

---------- Post added 10-17-15 at 04:02 AM ----------

Okay, I did just do a bunch of pending Window's updates and it has now loaded

Thank you!
10-17-2015, 02:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cherri Quote
I purchased a new camera (had a K-10D but gave that to my sister and purchased a K 50) I just got around to installing the disk that I received with the camera but I am having difficulty, it just will not install. The window comes up asking for permission to install, I click "yes" and then a Pentax window comes up, blank, and it just does not progress from there. Any help?

Thank you!
Cherri

I presume that you enter the administrator password before you click "yes". If you do that it should work. The other way is to log on as administrator befor installing.