Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

ZX-30 Bulk Film Rewind Issue

I have a ZX-30 that rewinds commercial 35mm film with no issues. When I load a plastic 35mm cassette (used for bulk-loading) in this camera, it advances with no issues, but when it auto rewinds, it will rewind partially and then flash indicating that film is ready for retrieval. Anyone have this issue with bulk-load cassettes?

10-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I wind my own cassettes, but don't have a ZX-30. About the only thing I can think of is that you may have over-filled the cassette or that the film is not quite straight on the spindle.

Steve
10-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jaycee2u Quote
I have a ZX-30 that rewinds commercial 35mm film with no issues. When I load a plastic 35mm cassette (used for bulk-loading) in this camera, it advances with no issues, but when it auto rewinds, it will rewind partially and then flash indicating that film is ready for retrieval. Anyone have this issue with bulk-load cassettes?
I decided to use a spent commercial film cassette for bulk loading my film on the ZX-30. Good news!, film rewound all the way without stalling. I guess from now on, I will use spent commercial film cassettes on this particular camera. What I do is splice new film to end of old cut-off film.