Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: nh
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 251
k5iis power on problem

I have a k5iis that is about 10 months old now, and lately it has become more difficult to turn the power switch on.
It will turn on but requires quite a bid more effort that it did a couple months ago. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you go about it?

10-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian
12345's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 483
I had a K-5 with that exact problem. The On/Off switch was very stiff, and felt like it required an abnormal amount of force to switch it on and off. I never really did find a solution, and I eventually sold the K-5 and upgraded to the K-5IIs, which has not yet exhibited that problem.
10-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,439
I am with you on this one and I am pretty sure it is due to accumilated dirt and/or drying out rubber sealings.
10-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: nh
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 251
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
I had a K-5 with that exact problem. The On/Off switch was very stiff, and felt like it required an abnormal amount of force to switch it on and off. I never really did find a solution, and I eventually sold the K-5 and upgraded to the K-5IIs, which has not yet exhibited that problem.
did the switch problem stablize, did you have problems that linked back to the power switch?
I have had two occassions where I turned the camera on and there was no power to display. shut it back off and turn back on and it worked,
It has been working ok lately just a little worried that this could progress to something else.

10-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian
12345's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 483
QuoteOriginally posted by sunrepairer Quote
did the switch problem stablize, did you have problems that linked back to the power switch? I have had two occassions where I turned the camera on and there was no power to display. shut it back off and turn back on and it worked, It has been working ok lately just a little worried that this could progress to something else.
Well, come to think of it, I think I did have it do the same thing once or twice, where it didn't turn on right away when I told it to turn it on. Like I said, I upgraded to the K-5IIs, so I'm not sure whether it got any worse, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's going to happen, it will happen, and worrying won't affect the outcome one way or the other!
10-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: nh
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 251
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
Well, come to think of it, I think I did have it do the same thing once or twice, where it didn't turn on right away when I told it to turn it on. Like I said, I upgraded to the K-5IIs, so I'm not sure whether it got any worse, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's going to happen, it will happen, and worrying won't affect the outcome one way or the other!
Im not loosing sleep over it, but the camera is still under a year old and I could try to get it corrected, but it doesnt fail every time, so sending it back may not result in a fix. That is why I was asking if this problem progressed to something else. I can live with this as long as it doesnt get worse.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, k5iis, k5iis power, months, pentax help, photography, power, troubleshooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I have a power problem?? BerndM Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 08-13-2015 03:43 PM
K-x Power Problem? Type3 Visitors' Center 7 07-17-2015 02:25 AM
Flash Problem, k5iis Snydly Pentax K-5 5 03-18-2014 05:12 PM
K5 Battery power problem beanphoto Pentax K-5 5 10-21-2013 12:07 PM
Flash problem on power 1/1, 1/2 gabro822 Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 4 12-09-2012 09:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:25 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top