Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

K500 images coming out extremely underexposed

Hi there,

So I have been using my pentax K500 for a while and had no troubles at all however I recently picked it up to realise that all my images are coming out nearly black. I have tried cleaning the lens contacts, changing lens, checking the sensor (seems to be fine) and updating the firmware... nothing seems to be working and hope I do not need to replace my little friend because I do love it dearly!

Could anybody shed some light upon what it may be please?

An image only starts to show if I point it towards it toward the light at ISO 1600.

Thanks

10-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ckaur Quote
Hi there,

So I have been using my pentax K500 for a while and had no troubles at all however I recently picked it up to realise that all my images are coming out nearly black. I have tried cleaning the lens contacts, changing lens, checking the sensor (seems to be fine) and updating the firmware... nothing seems to be working and hope I do not need to replace my little friend because I do love it dearly!

Could anybody shed some light upon what it may be please?

An image only starts to show if I point it towards it toward the light at ISO 1600.

Thanks
Can you post a sample photo?

Could be an issue with the shutter, or just exposure compensation.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #3

Original Poster
It won't let me upload a photo however I have reset all settings so don't think it is compensation?
10-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ckaur Quote
It won't let me upload a photo however I have reset all settings so don't think it is compensation?
A settings reset via the menu doesn't affect everything. Try making sure.

Why couldn't you upload a photo? Just click on "manage attachments" below.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Spot metering?
10-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Check EV +/- and also the metering type (press Info, check whether its spot, centre balance, or matrix). Make sure the drive mode is not any type of bracketing.
Also, what lens are you using? It could be a lens problem (where the lens is stuck at f32 or something?)