Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #1

Lens repair

Hello all

New member, first time poster. Is anyone aware if a group or club that is focused on Tamron Adaptable 2 lens repair? I am hoping to find an Adaptable 2 focused group similar to the Kirton Club on Yahoo.

I have a 75-250 that needs some help. If you grasp the mount end in one hand and the zoom collar in the other, the gently press your hands together or pull them apart, the lens shows about 1/8" of play, easily lengthening or shortening. This is not related to an underdamped zoom ring - the lens easily grows/shrinks in is overall length.

Any suggestion, diagrams, Web pages with guidance as to how I can fix this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance, nkmathjobs

Last edited by photolady95; 10-25-2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: fixed typo
10-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #2

Original Poster
RATS: Autocorrect?

Either I am an idiot - or suffer from auto-correct-itis. FWIW I can't text well either (too old I guess?)

Since I can't seem to figure out how to edit/correct my VERY first post and since I'm now feeling like 30 cents with the 3 rubbed off (a saying from my sainted Great-Grandmother) I'll try a reply.

"Tamron" is what I meant to write. Good grief!

Sorry to all - please don't hold this against me.

nomathjobs
10-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Surely you mean Tamron, not Tampon. No?
10-24-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

There is an Adaptall Club in the Lens Club Section -

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/59769-adaptall-mount-club-tamron.html

They may be able to steer you in the right directions.

Welcome to PentaxForums. You should be able to go back and edit your post to correct the auto-corrections

10-25-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I fixed it for you. It now says Tamron.

On a side note, this was moved from the Tamron Adaptall thread on purpose.