Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #1

usb issues

Greetings everybody.
I am new to the forum, I use my istD for snapshots mainly (not an expert photographer at all).
Need help (pls) with the following:
Today none of my computers recognize my usb connection. I tried my son's usb cable connector and the same happened, none of the computers detected a usb anything.
Evidently, the problem lies on some setting on my camera, any ideas?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank

10-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By today, do you mean this just suddenly happened? As in it worked OK yesterday and now does not?

On newer cameras there is a setting to allow the USB connection to act as a disk drive or picture protocol (MSC or PTP) you need MSC. But I do not know if the istD has that setting.

Could also be a hardware failure issue. You might try using a card reader instead of the cable to get the pictures off.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, computers, connection, none, pentax help, photography, troubleshooting, usb