Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2015, 09:56 AM   #1

K5 IIs Autofocus clicking but not working

The autofocus on my K5 IIs isn't working. When I first got my 35 mm f/2.0 manual aperture lens, I went through some procedures to be able to adjust it. I never used the autofocus for a long time, until recently when I got the 31 limited. Now even when I want to use autofocus, I can't. I hear a series of clicks. The side knob is in AFC/S. The aperture ring on lens is at A.

What is the problem, if any, and what is the remedy?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks all

11-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Try cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera.

Does the camera register the lens as 31mm and is aperture working fine on the lens.
11-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the the AF work with your FA 35/2?

With your FA 31/1.8 off the camera are you able to rotate the focus ring? Is the movement smooth and without binding?

Steve
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure af screw, located at the 5 o'clock position on the mount, is all the way out and engaging the lens. Move the af-s, af-s manual switch in and out to see if it moves out when you switch from manual to af.

11-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Try cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera.

Does the camera register the lens as 31mm and is aperture working fine on the lens.

How do I check this?

---------- Post added 11-02-15 at 02:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does the the AF work with your FA 35/2?

With your FA 31/1.8 off the camera are you able to rotate the focus ring? Is the movement smooth and without binding?

Steve
Yes Steve, seems to focus just fine. Lens works great as full manual without autofocus.Edit: I have not checked AF with the FA 35.

---------- Post added 11-02-15 at 02:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
Make sure af screw, located at the 5 o'clock position on the mount, is all the way out and engaging the lens. Move the af-s, af-s manual switch in and out to see if it moves out when you switch from manual to af.
What height should it be proud of the mount? It does move in and out according to lever.

Last edited by dilip; 11-02-2015 at 02:37 PM.
11-04-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is spring loaded so that the lens-side of the mount does not catch on anything during mounting/dismounting of the lens.

Just looking at the protruding head of the screw-drive, it does not appear to extend more than 2mm from the mount of the camera. I do find that on occasion I need to kind of "jiggle" the lens after mounting to get the screw head to seat properly in the lens. If you hear the focus motor running when activating the af, but the lens is not focussing, the "jiggle" may help.