Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2015, 04:04 AM   #1

K-50 no preview, no response

Hello everyone,
My K-50 has worked fine so far, since I got it in March 2015.
Recently, after taking a picture in any mode (I normally use it in AV) the preview picture fails to show on the LCD, although it is set to.
Once this happens, the autofocus does not operate when touching lightly on the shutter button.
However, if I press to activate the shutter, I can still take a picture (out of focus).
I have restore it to factory setting, and installed the latest firmware, no changes.
It does not always happen, about 7/10 times.
Any advices?
Thank you!

11-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #2

Did you try cleaning the lens contacts?
The LCD operates in menus? The LCD is turned on? (Press info button twice in shooting mode.) Check back button focus in coustom menu also!
11-03-2015, 06:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you 08amczb. I've already done all you said, and also tried with another lens.
The funny thing, I just found out that I can fix the problem by pushing on the camera body. That's weird.
Please have a look at the video, if that's alright.
I have uploaded a video on dropbox for anyone who wants to see it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka8o9z3qhhiqsif/IMG_0195.MOV?dl=0
11-03-2015, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by doctorNico Quote
Thank you 08amczb. I've already done all you said, and also tried with another lens.
The funny thing, I just found out that I can fix the problem by pushing on the camera body. That's weird.
Please have a look at the video, if that's alright.
I have uploaded a video on dropbox for anyone who wants to see it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka8o9z3qhhiqsif/IMG_0195.MOV?dl=0
Definitely a bad connection in the camera. It should be covered by warranty. Good luck

11-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

As you found out, it is unlikely that your problem is related to dirty contacts or bad settings. Your video was probably the most interesting thing I have seen this week. There is a short of bad connection in the wiring that should be covered under warranty.

Steve
11-04-2015, 02:26 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

As you found out, it is unlikely that your problem is related to dirty contacts or bad settings. Your video was probably the most interesting thing I have seen this week. There is a short of bad connection in the wiring that should be covered under warranty.

Steve
Thank you everyone for your interest.
To be fair, I tried again and again yesterday, and the problem is fixed by pushing the right side of the camera, away from any buttons.
I was misled by the fact that while pushing the back with my thumb I was actually pushing the side as well with the palm of my hand.
Not much of a difference, though, I will send it to Pentax UK, and post again on this thread when (hopefully) the issue is fixed.
Best wishes