Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #1

K3 Pink pics?

I get this on my screen as well, turning it off/on it switching modes usually fixes it.
Only happened a couple times, usually when the camera hadn't been used for a few days.
https://flic.kr/p/AoiQq9

11-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What memory card are you using?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
SanDisk extreme pro, was a lexar premium before did it with both.
11-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Yes, try a different SD card (preferably a modern Sandisk, a reputable brand, that you buy from a trusted store). Best case scenario, that problem is just a card write error.

You can try a couple other things, but I doubt any of these are directly connected to your problem:
- charge battery, leave it outside camera for some hours
- make sure SD card slot is clean, free of particles (though, be careful how you try cleaning it, don't damage anything in there!)
- make sure camera and lens mount are both clean, free of particles or grime
- try SD card in other machines, if it works normally. You can also format it in-camera (beware, this deletes all data saved on it, so copy photos to disk first)
- you can try updating your firmware, but be sure the SD card you use for this is working normally. There are many threads about firmware updating, if you need help

11-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
Done the firmware, sure I've left the battery out before but I'll do that right now.
The card is brand new, I'll throw in a Samsung evo, they have a good rep.
I have a blower and some sensor swabs coming, I'll leave them go for now, just in case it's a sensor fault.
Lens and camera are new, I did notice the screen flickered a bit when my hand held the lens.
It is a sigma 18-250 so fairly weighty.
Camera just sits in my bag, I've only had it a couple weeks and babied it the whole time.
11-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Edit: If its not SD card, it might be the write mechanism or motherboard problems, I think. Hopefully it won't get worse anytime soon, but still try another SD card. Even good brands like Sandisk and Lexar can fail sometimes.

Oh, and just one thing: If this is a brand new camera, don't worry about it. Many cameras have a couple hiccups when they are brand new, and usually these things disappear after a couple hundred exposures.
If you want to be on the safe side, just write an email to the local store where you have warranty. You can use that email as evidence that the problem was present at this time, in case your camera fails later, after warranty is over.
11-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yeah it is brand new, the fault isn't all the time just feels like a bedding in process least that's what my gut tells me.
Anyway battery is out and will remain so until I need the camera.
Different sd card is in, I'll grab some ipa and clean the lens contacts,and I'll leave it at that for now.
11-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter

It it's new, and it's not a setting - take it back and get it sorted.

11-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #9

Original Poster
Will do, spoken to the guy and right away it sounds like the sensor is playing up.
Soon as I'm down there he'll swap bodies for me.
So ideal that's why I paid more in a shop rather than going online.
There's always that what if something goes wrong.