Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #1

K200D M and Sv mode problem...

Hello, my K200 has developed a new issue... I picked up my camera today to find that I wasn't getting any metering info in the view finder. I thought that I had accidentally hit the mode button, which I didn't. The more I looked at it I realized that exposure comensation was set to -2 and auto ISO was on in manual mode. Upon trying to reset the camera and change modes, etc... I found that Manual mode is now Sensitivity mode, and Sv mode is still Sv mode. All modes seem to be stuck in auto ISO which I cant seem to get out of.
Does any one have any experience or ideas what might be going on?

11-10-2015, 01:48 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by jinskeep Quote
Hello, my K200 has developed a new issue... I picked up my camera today to find that I wasn't getting any metering info in the view finder. I thought that I had accidentally hit the mode button, which I didn't. The more I looked at it I realized that exposure comensation was set to -2 and auto ISO was on in manual mode. Upon trying to reset the camera and change modes, etc... I found that Manual mode is now Sensitivity mode, and Sv mode is still Sv mode. All modes seem to be stuck in auto ISO which I cant seem to get out of.
Does any one have any experience or ideas what might be going on?
I'd go for a battery removal and firmware reset then re-test it...
11-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
no such luck, I did find after doing that, that now program mode and night scene mode are swapped as well and B is now flash off...
11-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The mode dial is known to develop faults on the K10D and K20D. Sounds like that's what could be one possibility. There are a few threads on this. DIY repair may be possible but isn't for the faint of heart as the dissembly to get to the parts is rather involved. A fault in the mainboard is another possibility. Replacing the body would most likely be the most economic solution in that case.

11-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
Forum Member

The K200D is a well-made camera but getting on in years. It sounds like it might be terminally ill. If you're competent, maybe you could take it apart. Warning: discharge the flash capacitor first! They go quite cheaply on ebay, maybe you could find a spares/repair camera with a different fault and make a good one out of the two?
11-18-2015, 04:50 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the advise. I may have to look into fixing it. Not sure what to do if it doesn't work out. Some of the newer Pentax bodies seem to have a fair number of internet post citing various problems and poor customer support. Makes me a bit nervous about purchasing a newer body.