Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 03:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
+1 on the wack infinity setting. I have the 35mm and 85mm and both suffer from this.

11-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #17

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help. My replacement Samyang arrived this morning and it is a different beast all together. While it is still 'soft' at 2.8 it resolves across the frame much more evenly than the previous copy and things are much more in focus. I am not sure sure what the problem was with the previous one whether it was decentered or not going to infinity, but this is noticeably different. At 5.6 it is amazingly sharp, this is in the day time at least; I will take it out later tonight and see how it performs.
Thanks again.
11-20-2015, 12:38 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Alnjpn Quote
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help. My replacement Samyang arrived this morning and it is a different beast all together. While it is still 'soft' at 2.8 it resolves across the frame much more evenly than the previous copy and things are much more in focus. I am not sure sure what the problem was with the previous one whether it was decentered or not going to infinity, but this is noticeably different. At 5.6 it is amazingly sharp, this is in the day time at least; I will take it out later tonight and see how it performs.
Thanks again.
Glad to hear that! Lens is really sharp at 5.6 to 8.
Just in case you still need to adjust infinity mark. If you have K-3 it's easy to check it with focus peak function.