Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

Pentax Optio S Firmware Needed to resolve A90 error

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could provide me with "fwdc110p.bin" firmware for my old Pentax S, which shows an A90 error.
Thanks!

Sandrine, France

11-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All existing firmware downloads are available here:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

If your camera has developed a problem I doubt that a firmware update will fix it (plus, I'm not seeing any updates for the original S).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-21-2015, 04:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
All existing firmware downloads are available here:
Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

If your camera has developed a problem I doubt that a firmware update will fix it (plus, I'm not seeing any updates for the original S).
Thanks Adam. I spent a few hours on the Internet last night and read everywhere that I could solve the A90 error with the firmware (not even an update but the firmware itself, which I don't have anymore). The Optio S firmware is not on the page you mention. So any further help welcome!
11-21-2015, 05:02 AM   #4

Original Poster
Here is the procedure I found on different forums. Here https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/error-a90-2305 in English

-fwdc110p.bin works for the S

-fwdc124p.bin works for the S4i

-fwdc130p.bin works for the S5i

Step2. Unzip it and put it to root of the removable drive of the Optio S (the SD card)

Step3. Press MENU+FlashIcon+ON

The screen will show

++ KB341 ++
PR : 03.02.27.16.34
LD :2.00
MI : 111

Step4. Press MF twice

Step5. Press Right OK twice

Step6. Press MENU

The screen displayes Menu with 11 options

Step7. Select ROM UPDATE using the down key

Step8. Press OK

Step9. Select SYSTEM INITIAL

Step10. Press OK

Step11. Again OK

Step12. Switch OFF

Step13. Press MENU+ON

Then the dialog "Program Update (Yes, no) appears

Step14. Use up key to select: YES

Loading message comes on screen followed by

COMPLETE

Step15. Switch OFF the camara

Step16. Switch ON

07-31-2016, 07:52 AM   #5

Firmware download for Optio S4I

I spent a whole evening looking for this and I can not imagine how many dead S4I cameras are sitting on shelves that can be revived! The file is zipped so I could upload. Extract the zipped file and you will get the file o4ie101w.exe. Right click this file and extract the contents. There are only 2 files in this exe file fwdc124p.bin and the readme.txt. Just do exactly as the readme states and your dreaded A90 error will be gone and you will have the most current firmware before Pentax made this camera obsolete. I still use this little camera almost daily for macro shots and I really did not want to junk it. I hope this helps everyone. Enjoy and remember to PAY IT FORWARD! Karma does work! knocker
Attached Files
File Type: zip o4ie101w.zip (2.11 MB, 88 views)
07-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #6

I realized you asked for fwdc110p.bin which I also have and have uploaded to this reply. I know this thread is old(ancient) and alot are much older but if these files were easily available, the cameras would all be fixed. But Pentax removed them from their site for probably just obsolescence. Yes other cameras are much better but I bought this new in 04 and it has been a great camera taking thousands of pictures. I found the fwdc124p.bin on the Russian Pentax site believe it or not but Google came through and I translated and the file was still available. And the read me is in English! Download the readme from the post with that link and just substitute this file where it states fwdc124p.bin Just unzip the file knocker
Attached Files
File Type: zip fwdc110p.zip (1.22 MB, 102 views)
01-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #7

Hi,

Itīs 15 years from now that I got the "A90" message in my old Optio S.
Was my first digital compact camera and made THOUSANDS of excellent pictures... so I put it back in his case and decided not to throw it away yet.

This morning, I found it while cleaning the top of my closet and decided to google about "a90 error".

So, here I am!!

- I downloaded the .ZIP containing "fwdc110p.bin",
- Copied it in SD card ROOT folder.
- When I press "Menu+FLASH+ON" I get

KB341
PR:03.02.27.16.34
LD:2.00
MI:94

but when I press MF it does nothing...

What is going wrong?! Any helping hand over there?!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Greets from Spain.

Last edited by charmanlx; 01-24-2018 at 01:12 AM.
01-24-2018, 01:10 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by knocker Quote
I realized you asked for fwdc110p.bin which I also have and have uploaded to this reply. I know this thread is old(ancient) and alot are much older but if these files were easily available, the cameras would all be fixed. But Pentax removed them from their site for probably just obsolescence. Yes other cameras are much better but I bought this new in 04 and it has been a great camera taking thousands of pictures. I found the fwdc124p.bin on the Russian Pentax site believe it or not but Google came through and I translated and the file was still available. And the read me is in English! Download the readme from the post with that link and just substitute this file where it states fwdc124p.bin Just unzip the file knocker
Thanks for the file, pal...
But I am getting an error when I try to update the firmware. :/
I explained it in the previous message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!