Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need Help with K3

Seems like I somehow changed to manual mode according to the exif data and I'm having a "duh" moment and not sure how I did this.

11-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aussiegal Quote
Seems like I somehow changed to manual mode according to the exif data and I'm having a "duh" moment and not sure how I did this.
I'm sure someone will have the obvious answer for this... My guess, though probably incorrect, is:

- Long-ish exposure
- Zoom lens, with focal length changed quickly mid-shot (maybe you knocked the lens?)
11-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aussiegal Quote
Looks like multiple exposures. Check your drive mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Multiple exposure mode.

11-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I must have selected that by accident. I knew I would find the answer here!
11-26-2015, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #6

Photos: Albums
!!!rtfm!!!
11-26-2015, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stargazer Quote
!!!rtfm!!!
Wow! I think all of us have asked "obvious" questions here, and luckily kind members help out.

11-26-2015, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter

"RTFM!" It's just the anthem of an era of young people who who have discovered amongst themselves that really, they should try reading the manual. It might help occasionally. So they "RTFM!" to each other to say "hey, it might help!"

Last edited by dansamy; 11-27-2015 at 08:07 PM.
11-26-2015, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From my perspective, the user manual leaves a lot to be desired. I've learned significantly more reading PF threads with camera in hand than I ever learned through reading the manual. And yes, I did read the manual. It's just that my retention from reading a boring manual is minimal. Once I encounter an issue and resolve it via pf, my retention rate is significantly higher.
11-26-2015, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those questions that have already been answered, but the asker wasn't listening or paying attention. Questions that can be answered with a scant amount of research and less than a minute of time. Questions of which the answer should be painfully obvious to any person with a pulse who has lived on this earth for more than a decade.
Well, thankfully; here the members help one another regardless if some may think it's a "stupid" question! If someone has a question, who should determine whether it's "stupid", therefore not worthy of answering?

I'm very glad that most members are forgiving as to the validity of questions, and go ahead & try to assist the one asking. Rudeness really is a rarity here, thankfully.

Last edited by csa; 11-26-2015 at 01:32 PM.
11-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aussiegal

Most of the K-3 manual is helpful only if you already know what you're doing and just want to check how to do it....not a good manual for a beginner.

The E-book is where you'll most likely find out about features you didn't know existed, and is very readable - Black Friday deal means it comes free with site upgrade by the looks of the Pentax pricewatch section of the forum...well worth it on both counts!
11-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry , no offence intended! But you don't buy a camera like the K3 and don't even bother to read the manual! That is just lazy! Progressing by learning by yourself is a key step in photography. Reading the manual should be step 1.
Well, sorry you are wrong! I just bought the K3 and have not "bothered" to read what you call a manual; and I don't consider myself lazy. Rather than sit & thumb thru a manual; one of the best ways to learn is get out & use the camera & ask questions here!
11-26-2015, 02:27 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter

It seems that you are talking by experience. Using a book conceived for a special purpose must be a novelty for you!
You know. I was being polite. Trying to help you out of that hole you're digging for yourself. But I forget that some people are just butts.
11-26-2015, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Well, sorry you are wrong! I just bought the K3 and have not "bothered" to read what you call a manual; and I don't consider myself lazy. Rather than sit & thumb thru a manual; one of the best ways to learn is get out & use the camera & ask questions here!
Me too... shoot first and ask questions later
11-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
From my perspective, the user manual leaves a lot to be desired.
That is because modern manuals just tell you what the buttons and knobs do. They don't give advice in how to use them. Communication is becoming a lost art in the technological world, which seems to have a high proportion of those with a touch of Asperger Syndrome. They are gifted in designing the equipment, but dreadful at explaining it.