Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos Did Not Show Up

I am a new user of Pentax and I just bought a K3II. I was taking photos yesterday and had taken about 20 photos and then the next 50 photos the main ones for my shoot did not remain on my camera. I set down to review them and they were not there. I tried taking some more, in fact I took 70 more photos and they were there. I have no idea what happened to the 50 photo in-between the first 20 and the last 70 photos I took. Any thoughts?

11-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Memory card fault perhaps?
11-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
have you looked at the second memory card?
11-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When you say they were not there, was this when you reviewed them on-camera, or via a computer? Did they appear on the camera screen immediately after shooting? RAW or jpeg?

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 11-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.
11-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Crooski I don't have a second one yet. The second one is coming Friday.

---------- Post added 11-25-15 at 04:04 PM ----------

Choorski I do not have a second memory card it will be here Friday

---------- Post added 11-25-15 at 04:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
When you say they were not there, was this when you reviewed them on-camera, or via a computer? Did they appear on the camera screen immediately after shooting? RAW or jpeg?
Paul this is when I reviewed them on camera. They did appear immediately after shooting them I was shooting RAW and I also told Choorski I only have one memory card and it is in slot #1 and the second one is on the way and will be here Friday.
11-25-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would recommend formatting the card in the camera before using again. I would be cautious with that card. It may have problems. I have never lost images on any of my Pentax bodies. I would set your K3 up to write raw to both cards temporarily. If that card does it again replace it.
11-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I am thinking that I hit the Card Slot Switch button and it switch to card 2 which was empty. I have a another memory card coming Friday but after thinking about what I did and handling my camera I believe that is what happened. I have tested and tested again and again the memory card in slot #1 and it is working well and performing without a hitch. I noticed that I hit the button by accident again that switches the card slots, so I believe this is what happened. When I get the new memory card in Friday I believe this will cover my problem.
12-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #8

I encountered this problem when I had my new camera in another brand (not Pentax) years before. This may be due to a card compatibility issue. I never encountered this after I changed to a better quality SD card. If the photos are important to you, some photos may be recoverable with common undelete / recovery software available online.

12-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sansfin Quote
I encountered this problem when I had my new camera in another brand (not Pentax) years before. This may be due to a card compatibility issue. I never encountered this after I changed to a better quality SD card. If the photos are important to you, some photos may be recoverable with common undelete / recovery software available online.
sansfin, I have solved the problem and I am not experiencing it anymore thank you.
12-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mhsp Quote
sansfin, I have solved the problem and I am not experiencing it anymore thank you.
What was it, Mhsp?
12-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
I had only one card in slot #1 and I hit Card Slot Switch Button and switch it to the empty #2 slot. Now I have a card in #2 slot and I have not had the trouble sense I have both slot 1 Card and slot 2 card both on RAW recording photos at the same time.
12-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had only one card in slot #1 and I hit Card Slot Switch Button and switch it to the empty #2 slot. Now I have a card in #2 slot and I have not had the trouble sense I have both slot 1 Card and slot 2 card both on RAW recording photos at the same time.
Thanks ... it's always a nice resolution to a thread (and respectful of the posters who offered solutions to your problem) to hear how it ended.
12-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #13
Site Supporter

It's good to see an answer, but I'm surprised there wasn't an error message to the effect "no card in slot 2". I'll have to try it in the K3....
12-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shuber Quote
It's good to see an answer, but I'm surprised there wasn't an error message to the effect "no card in slot 2". I'll have to try it in the K3....
There must have been but I was busy taking photos, because when I tried the button on purpose with one memory card and me hitting the button to move it to the second slot the error message showed up.