Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
Is SD Formatter supposed to report errors? I didn't get any when I completed a full (overwrite) format.
A full format will map and not use bad sectors.

Steve

12-02-2015, 02:32 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
As for me, I use a Colorspace hyperdrive to recover images in the field, it does an excellent job. They are intended to be used to store images in the field, when equipped with an SSD they are incredibly fast at this task and SSDs also increase battery life of the device.
That's awesome, thanks! The last time I checked devices like this one, maybe a year ago, all I could find was devices with too little storage capacity and that defeated the purpose for me.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A full format will map and not use bad sectors.
I know that but my thinking is that it wouldn't be entirely irrelevant to know whether there are and how many bad sectors there are on a card - reporting stuff like that could give a sense of how frequently sectors are turning bad.
12-02-2015, 05:48 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
The last time I checked devices like this one, maybe a year ago, all I could find was devices with too little storage capacity and that defeated the purpose for me.
The hyperdrives are designed to allow for user replacement of the lithium ion battery and the hard drive.