Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #1

Pentax Extended Warranty - Picture Needed!

OK, odd question/request.

I purchased the 2 year extended warranty from Adorama last year. Looks like my K-50's aperture mechanism has busted so I go to look for the card but can't find it. I think it would help if I could remember what it looked like.

Does anyone out there have a picture of the card they can post here so I can see what I am digging around for? I couldn't see anything familiar on a Google Images search and I've already spent two hours tearing the house apart looking for it. I found the warranty receipt from Adorama, but not the warranty card itself!

Thanks in advance.

12-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

here you go...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX A  Photo 
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I sent my K-30 in a year and a half ago they only required the receipts showing the camera purchase and the warranty purchase. I had called them because my wife threw the card away.

Last edited by photolady95; 12-02-2015 at 05:13 PM.
12-02-2015, 06:12 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
my wife threw the card away.
I would interpret as a wife's suggestion to get a new camera!

12-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
here you go...
Thank you! Brings back some memories...

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
When I sent my K-30 in a year and a half ago they only required the receipts showing the camera purchase and the warranty purchase. I had called them because my wife threw the card away.
That's helpful, the website seems to confirm that too. Phew!

OK, so when I look at: Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair and start the process, it says I will be charged $166.50 - they don't charge that to my card when I click the Submit Order button do they? I was under the impression that once they get the camera and docs, they'll confirm the price/warranty coverage at that point.

Am I doing this right?
12-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rrstuff Quote
I would interpret as a wife's suggestion to get a new camera!
I did, got the K-30 fixed under warranty too. She threw the whole box away with card, strap, manual, etc, fortunately I keep the receipts separate.
12-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nw_mushroom Quote
Thank you! Brings back some memories...

That's helpful, the website seems to confirm that too. Phew!

OK, so when I look at: Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair and start the process, it says I will be charged $166.50 - they don't charge that to my card when I click the Submit Order button do they? I was under the impression that once they get the camera and docs, they'll confirm the price/warranty coverage at that point.

Am I doing this right?
Copies of the proof of purchase for your camera (receipt) and for the Extended Warranty (receipt), plus if you have it the serial no. card are the basics of what you may need. If the receipts for the camera and warranty dates are within 30 days of each other, they will most likely be easily recognized as valid. I wrote a short letter explaining what I had for receipt copies along with my camera. If you send the camera in with your letter to the repair center, include your phone number for them to reference your order and your email. I sent in my camera without going through the credit card process on the site, which you may do according to the Precision Camera Repair website. Explain to them what the problem is and express that it is still under warranty per your receipts. If you do not have the serial number card, explain to them what happened. I sent my camera in and it was repaired and back within approximately seven days. If you speak to Pentax customer service 800-877-0155 they will be able to give you any further advice on the matter if you need it. I think they operate on a Mountain Standard Time daytime schedule Monday - Friday. What I have explained to you so far is basically what I did per Pentax Customer Service advice. If you want repair to the camera body only, they will not want you to have any lens, battery, or card with it. I sent mine in with FedEx. I paid for that shipping. If the repair is found to be under warranty, you will not be charged the shipping to be returned to you. I had no communication whatsoever with Precision until they received my order and sent me an e-mail stating the receipt of my camera and that it was covered by my warranty. Status of the repair is available on the Precision Camera Repair web site during the process.

http://www.precisioncamera.com/camera-repair-centers.html

is the web address, on the home page their shipping address is listed if you scroll down a bit.

Last edited by C_Jones; 12-02-2015 at 10:01 PM.