Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TheCousinDan Quote
It's nice to know I'm not crazy.
Nobody said that--just that your camera is bad.

12-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
How are you zooming in? Do you see those spots on the camera LCD? That would definitely be a camera problem worthy of return.

Or are you zooming in with software on your PC? A software bug or settings could exaggerate hot pixels.

I also see a faint gray diagonal band in the samples. Light leak?
Yes, I can see them on my camera LCD immediately after taking the shot as well as in post. I used a couple different cards too, just to be sure I wasn't recording to one that was messed up.

And that diagonal streak is a seam in my dark leather couch. I just used this photo because it contrasted the points nicely.

Also, this is a K-3 (not K-3 II) with serial #: 6098188
12-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, I can see them on my camera LCD immediately after taking the shot as well as in post. I used a couple different cards too, just to be sure I wasn't recording to one that was messed up.

And that diagonal streak is a seam in my dark leather couch. I just used this photo because it contrasted the points nicely.

Also, this is a K-3 (not K-3 II) with serial #: 6098188
Shot in the dark (no pun intended): Anyone out there with a K-3 with serial #: 6098188 +/- 50? Same issue? No issue?
12-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Gotcha. I can see it now. You could just put it in manual and take a photo with the cap on or covered much like a dark frame photo used for stacking with an astrophotography stacking program.