Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter

U1 and U2 with different Focus modes?

I wanted to customize my U1 and U2 modes on the main dial to having different Focusing systems on my K-50 (AF Settings). For example U1 being set to being mainly in Manual mode affair but in Autofocus mode (Auto 5) whereas U2 being the same but with the 11 point focus system (whereby you use the directional pad to manually change focus point).

So far I have been unsuccessful in making this happen, it seems the U1 and U2 modes will only remember certain things and not something such as this. Shame, because to actually change focusing modes takes quite a bit of delving into the menus.

Am i right on this?

Cheers,

Bruce

12-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Page 170 in the your user manual lists the settings that may be assigned.

Steve
12-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yeh I saw that, I just wanted to doubly make sure. It says AF Point can be altered, but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Under the menu AF Settings, it's AF Active Area I'd like alter (for different U modes), nowhere under AF Settings is there a AF Point?

I also thought I'd ask here in case a later firmware update enabled this option, speaking of which I have not even checked up on yet, I'm still running stock...

Anyone care to chime in also on K-50 later firmware version benefits?

---------- Post added 12-10-15 at 03:38 PM ----------

Ah it seems I was just being a numpty and can indeed save AF Settings in U1 and U2 mode, all good