Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by whyhaveone Quote
I've just Just tried the trial version of Silkypix Studio 6, it has the same issues. However, they do not say it's compatible with Windows 10, just Vista, 7 and 8. So that may explain the DCU5 problems. I've emailed them and asked the question re Windows 10.

Faststone works fine, but does not seem to have the same colour rendition as DCU5 - that seems to match the camera very well.

Not wishing to go off topic, but.............happy new year everyone.
Although I am not an expert in this area, I think the problem (slow or sluggish response) you experienced with DCU5 or Silkypix 6 may have something to do with files opened/operated on by the software. Just to illustrate the point, I often have Lightroom and Silkypix opened and operated on the same image folder (same physical drive, not the Windows C drive). I selected a bunch of images for jpeg development, while I was also exporting a bunch of jpeg images from LR, the system may hang, or Silkypix may crash etc. It is a case of multiple applications using the same I/O on a physical drive or a conflict etc. Just a wild guess...

By the way, I don't experience problems with Silkypix Std 6 running in Windows 10 on my desktop (as long as I don't execute functions in LR at the same time). Happy New Year!!

01-26-2016, 10:49 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pardon my ignorance but, can anyone tell me where is the cropping panel on digital utility 5? I can't seem to find it. Hope you guys can help. Thanks.
01-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #18
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Click on the Window menu and tick Cropping. That brings up the cropping box.
01-27-2016, 04:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Des, I think I will like this version better.