Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #1

Top display broken on K-3

I'm A happy owner of a K-3 but recently the cover of the top display has broken.
Does anyone know where I can find this piece online so I can repair it?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 1100D  Photo 
01-04-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is visible cracking on the metal body around the display, this is going to be more than an average repair job. There are also weather seals around that display that will need to be fixed too. To be honest the amount of damage visible is beyond the ability of most users to fix, I would suspect only a pentax repair facility would be able to repair that damage.
01-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
There is visible cracking on the metal body around the display, this is going to be more than an average repair job. There are also weather seals around that display that will need to be fixed too. To be honest the amount of damage visible is beyond the ability of most users to fix, I would suspect only a pentax repair facility would be able to repair that damage.
There are no cracks, just a bad picture. The weather sealing is not that important for me, I'm always shooting in the studio with the K-3
01-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by basis-e Quote
There are no cracks, just a bad picture
I can see several cracks near the strap lug.

QuoteOriginally posted by basis-e Quote
The weather sealing is not that important for me, I'm always shooting in the studio with the K-3
If you were in the studio, what was the cause of this damage?

01-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I can see several cracks near the strap lug.

If you were in the studio, what was the cause of this damage?
I can assure u, there are no cracks, I will post another picture of it. There is only some paint missing.
My nephew was playing on New-year and something fell on it, don't know what, I was dining...
01-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #6

I think it hard to find from ebay or amazon for K-3 . Why don't you go to pentax service center ?.